Location: HQ - San Mateo, California, United States
We're seeking a Sales Engineer to help acquire, onboard, support, and ultimately make sure our new customers have the best possible experience working with Scalyr.
First, a bit of background…
Scalyr’s mission is to build the best tool for engineers to understand their operational systems. Our founder, Steve Newman, cofounded Writely (aka Google Docs). Frustrated by the fact that visibility tools – even Google’s in-house tools – weren’t keeping up, Steve started Scalyr to create a better solution. It’s lightning fast, feature-rich and customers love it. The opportunity in front of us is huge and we are still in the very early days. This is going to be one of those companies where people will look back and say “I wish I’d been there when…” well, this is your chance to be part of “when”.
Your role & goal
Keeping long-term customers for Scalyr is the name of the game. Those we have love us, and if given enough time, we're confident the whole tech world would find us, enjoy us, and recommend us to other companies too. This is a wide-ranging and highly visible role. Furthermore, this is an opportunity to join as one of the early core members of that sales team.
We're looking for someone to join our team who:
- Loves to work closely with both our sales and engineering teams to introduce Scalyr to new customers.
- Answering questions is a passion of yours; you also can't go a day without providing demos and getting your hands dirty trying to tackle configuration problems
- Troubleshooting usage issues is your middle name
- Making our prospects successful by showing them , and show our prospects how best to use and succeed with Scalyr.
- Is comfortable interacting with our customers who are highly technical (these include software engineers, DevOps engineers, etc.)
Do you find yourself passionate about being at the center of the effort to sell a product? Do you also care to work with other departments on developing that product for high-end customers? If you like adding invaluable feedback to the team then this is the phenomenal team for you to join. Because in addition to helping improve the app, you'll be deeply involved in helping add to customer feedback discussions, conferring over new additions as we build out the technology, and extend our name to different regions around the world. We are looking for these qualities in an individual who is:
- Smart enough to work at top companies, but you’re picky about finding the right role
- Has a lot of experience, but you also like to learn new things
- Enjoys working with smart people and have fun building something phenomenal
More specifically, you should have:
- Preferably 2+ years of DevOps or similar operational experience
- Strong communication skills
- Incredible listening skills, and the ability to learn on the fly, recognize changes, and convey findings
- Experience with UNIX/Linux environments
- Tons of empathy – you need to come as close to walking in our customers’ shoes as possible
- Experience with cloud services
- You have phenomenal phone and writing skills, and are enthusiastic without being cheesy
- You are super collaborative and have a great sense of humor
- Some programming experience
- Do you love learning new things everyday? If this sounds like you, we want you on our team
- Competitive salary & equity at a fast growing startup
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Free lunch
- Flexible schedule
- Unlimited vacations
- Paid parental leave
- Optional company hikes a couple days per week
- Easygoing, low-stress, considerate and fun office environment
- Whatever equipment you need to get the job done
Our commitment to diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.