Location: HQ - San Mateo, California, United States
We are seeking a clever, resourceful, and thoughtful account executive to help with our outbound sales efforts.
First, a bit of background…
Scalyr’s mission is to build the best tool for engineers to understand their operational systems. Our founder, Steve Newman, cofounded Writely (aka Google Docs). Frustrated by the fact that visibility tools – even Google’s in-house tools – weren’t keeping up, Steve started Scalyr to create a better solution. It’s lightning fast, feature-rich and customers love it. The opportunity in front of us is huge and we are still in the very early days. This is going to be one of those companies where people will look back and say “I wish I’d been there when…” well, this is your chance to be part of “when”.
Your role & goal
Finding new SMB and Mid-Market customers for Scalyr is the name of the game of this inside sales role. Those we have love us, and if given enough time, we're confident the whole tech world would find us, try us, and love us too. But we're impatient, so we're building a sales team to grow that customer base now. This is the opportunity to be one of the early core members of that sales team.
We're looking for someone to join our team who:
- You are a nerd at heart and sincerely enjoy learning and talking about new technologies.
- Your number one goal will be to introduce Scalyr to engineers
- Outreach, tradeshows, and working with inbound leads will be just a few of the tools you will use to grow the business.
Do you find yourself passionate about being at the center of the effort to sell a product? Do you also care to work with other departments on developing that product for high-end customers? If you like adding invaluable feedback to the team then this is a phenomenal team for you to join. Because in addition to helping improve the app, you'll be deeply involved in helping add to customer feedback discussions, conferring over new additions as we build out the technology, and extend our name to different regions around the world. We are looking for these qualities in an individual who is:
- Smart enough to work at top companies, but you’re picky about finding the right role
- Has a lot of experience, but you also like to learn new things
- Enjoys working with smart people and have fun building something great
More specifically, you should have:
- Preferably have 5+ years of experience in technology sales with quota carrying experience.
- Know how to build a pipeline, manage a territory, and understand the complexities of selling to engineers
- Be comfortable selling to the entire engineering organization; CTOs to junior engineers
- Hold a continuous track record of exceeding sales goals
- Have a strong understanding of the enterprise sales cycle and how to manage deals through completion
- Be ambitious. Have you started your own business? If you know how to fail fast and learn then fantastic
- Tons of empathy – you need to come as close to walking in our customers’ shoes as possible
- You have phenomenal phone and writing skills, and are enthusiastic without being cheesy
- You are super collaborative and have a great sense of humor
- Do you love learning new things everyday? If this sounds like you, we want you on our team
- Competitive salary & equity at a fast growing startup
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Free lunch
- Flexible schedule
- Unlimited vacations
- Paid parental leave
- Optional company hikes a couple days per week
- Easygoing, low-stress, considerate and fun office environment
- Whatever equipment you need to get the job done
If this sounds like fun…
Submit an application below (and be sure to include some background about yourself and some specific sales success you’ve had.)
Our commitment to diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.