Location: HQ - San Mateo, California, United States
Scalyr, a fast-growing startup in the emerging operational visibility market, is looking for a passionate and creative marketer to lead product marketing. The last thirty years in tech has been about selling into IT, but the next thirty is about selling into engineering and the companies for whom the application or service is the business. The power has shifted, but the markets and rules of engagement are still forming. Successful marketers in this space know that the engineers we sell to are deeply skeptical of things that look and smell like traditional marketing, and are pioneers interested in developing creative ways to engage the audience, create content, and forge new paths.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Web Designer/Manager to join our fast-growing company based in San Mateo, CA. You must exhibit advanced knowledge in the design, development, maintenance and optimization of responsive brand websites which will be a critical part of our overall marketing strategy. You’ll provide advanced strategic support to marketing management to meet all marketing goals on brand awareness and demand generation. You must be highly efficient, experienced and comfortable working in a fast-moving environment.
- Revamp current company website, design, develop and manage web content and user experience to our targeted audience
- Strong knowledge and experience in design & coding of brand website, targeting DevOps and SRE engineers
- Collaborate with broader marketing team to execute brand and demand marketing campaigns, and organize and manage all content and assets
- Design, build and deliver the best UI/UX across multiple browsers and mobile devices
- Coding the website page and component for features and functionalities for our digital presence
- Develop the back-end processes of the website to capture data and getting insights
- Responsible for the performance metrics, constant testing and data-driven decision making
- Create and optimize lightweight custom graphic content for digital properties and collaborate with agency for complex design use cases
- Work closely with outside agencies to maintaining consistent brand design, tone and style and best practice coding with documentation
- Work with other stakeholders, such as Product, Engineers, Support and Service and Sales, to deliver the best customer experience online
- Knowledgeable with personas, UI/UX design principles, buyers journey, personalized content and Account Based Marketing approach
- 5-7 years prior experience in manage and support corporate website
- In-depth knowledge of web design and maintenance.
- Advanced experience with search engine optimization (SEO/SEM).
- Experience with web page versioning/source control and of Content Management Systems (WordPress, Drupal 8).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Quality orientation and detail-driven
- Good judgement to make sound decisions based on business needs and KPIs
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive salary & equity at a fast growing startup
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Free lunch
- Flexible schedule
- Unlimited vacations
- Paid parental leave
- Easygoing, low-stress, considerate and fun office environment
- Whatever equipment you need to get the job done
Our commitment to diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.