Location: HQ - San Mateo, California, United States
A bit about Scalyr
Scalyr, a fast-growing startup in the emerging operational visibility market, is looking for a passionate and creative marketer to lead product marketing. The last thirty years in tech has been about selling into IT, but the next thirty is about selling into engineering and the companies for whom the application or service is the business. The power has shifted, but the markets and rules of engagement are still in formation. They know that the engineers we sell to are deeply skeptical of things that look and smell like traditional marketing, and are pioneers interested in developing creative ways to engage the audience, create content, and forge new paths.
This person thrives at the intersection of product marketing, content development, market influence and demand generation. The dream candidate:
- Is able to think strategically about positioning, messaging and market influence and create thought leadership platforms and programs to achieve strategic objectives with the target market.
- Loves driving GTM strategy across all aspects of marketing and sales enablement and is able to create compelling messages and deliver credible, useful collateral, tools, demos, and best practices to drive revenue
- Is able to understand, balance and span from strategic to technical, is comfortable writing or presenting, and loves a job that encompasses and leverages a diverse set of renaissance skills
- Is super creative about ways to create innovate messages and content to engage prospects, and engage/leverage existing customers and has strong verbal and written communication and customer-interaction skills
- Has experience influencing and/or building categories, category definition, and user/market beliefs and behaviors
- Is a good listener and collaborative partner
- Is able to think big, start small, and move fast, delivering value iteratively and not letting perfect be the enemy of good
- Can leverage existing customers to develop use cases and success stories to amplify the message
- Loves to write and create for a technical buyer and seller
- Gets things done and is able to work independently, is self driven and can work with ambiguity
- Knows key influencers, reporters and taste makers in the engineering world, and/or is willing to get to know them
The person who attains this role has the opportunity influence company strategy, product roadmap and GTM. Will have a hugely impactful role in positioning the company and influencing a growing and changing market as part of a promising startup with a respectful and inclusive culture that balances the long term and short term. And will be part of an awesome team that values cognitive diversity and smart, motivated people.
Scalyr is for those who thrive on opportunity, value autonomy, impact, career growth and belonging, and who embody courage and commitment.
- Competitive salary & equity at a fast-growing startup
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Free lunch
- Flexible schedule
- Unlimited vacations
- Paid parental leave
- Easygoing, low-stress, considerate and fun office environment
- Whatever equipment you need to get the job done
Our commitment to diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply to this position