Location: HQ - San Mateo, California, United States
Scalyr, a fast-growing startup in the emerging operational visibility market, is looking for a passionate and creative marketer to tell our company story.. The last thirty years in tech has been about selling into IT, but the next thirty is about selling into engineering and the companies for whom the application or service is the business. The power has shifted, but the markets and rules of engagement are still forming. Successful marketers in this space know that the engineers we sell to are deeply skeptical of things that look and smell like traditional marketing, and are pioneers interested in developing creative ways to engage the audience, create content, and forge new paths.
Do you want to help define the Scalyr story? Do you want to share that story with the world through brand-aligned social media, PR, events and our website? Are you all about helping our sales team rock?
Our Manager of Corporate Communications thrives at the intersection of social media, PR and engagement and understands the new world of earned media and market / media engagement. The dream candidate:
- Loves developing and implementing a creative integrated corporate communications strategy including our website, events, social and PR
- Has developed a robust and engaged social media following and implemented measurable programs to drive social engagement down the sales funnel
- Has a full bag of communications tricks, including creatively pitching speaking spots, awards, blogs, and – of course – direct coverage and placement in stories about applicable business and industry trends
- Knows key influencers, reporters and taste makers in the engineering world – even if our specific niche is new, we know that those relationship building skills and connections are transferrable
- Loves to write and frames communications in a creative and compelling way.
- Has demonstrated experience crafting compelling narratives that target engineering buyers in high growth, high tech businesses – bonus points for knowing the DevOps market
- Thrives on partnering with other departments and with outside agencies.
- Bonus points if you have successfully given new brands and categories a toehold in tech markets, and/or has experience in creating new categories
- Bonus points if you know how to create a brand – from the story to the values to the visuals – and how to infuse that brand into everything we do
Our Manager of Corporate Communications will also be a key influencer in thought leadership, using externally created insights and data from our cloud product to educate our audiences and establish Scalyr as a trusted source of knowledge about the new world of observability.
Our customers are highly technical (software and DevOps engineers, CTOs, etc.), so you must be experienced with and look forward to working with a technical audience. Your marketing should not feel like traditional marketing but instead position Scalyr as a thought leader and ally through credible, helpful content and tools that educate and engage our audiences.
Your specific requirements:
- Demonstrated experience in building engagement and sales funnel for a technical product or service
- Experience in using social media to drive brand awareness and engagement
- Experience in traditional and non-traditional (social, community / forums, etc) earned media
- Demonstrated excellence in messaging to and creating brands for technical audiences
- Proven results leveraging brand-aligned website, social, events and traditional / non-traditional PR to generate qualified leads
- A track record of successfully teaming with internal partners and external providers to get the job done
- Small company experience with a marketing generalist background is key
- Success in creating new categories and / or new markets in technical spaces
- Experience in branding / rebranding companies and / or products / services
- Competitive salary & equity at a fast growing startup
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Free lunch
- Flexible schedule
- Unlimited vacations
- Paid parental leave
- Easygoing, low-stress, considerate and fun office environment
- Whatever equipment you need to get the job done
Our commitment to diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply to this position