Location: HQ - San Mateo, California, United States
A bit about Scalyr
Scalyr’s mission is to provide a different approach to unified observability and log management that is built for modern application development and deployment practices. Founded by Steve Newman, who is also the Writely (aka Google Docs) founder and lead engineer, and led by tech industry veteran and CEO Christine Heckart, Scalyr offers an integrated and extensible suite of monitoring, management, visualization and analysis tools that aggregate and search all the signals needed for real-time observability, including logs, metrics and traces. We are the only observability and log management provider that does not index data and scales horizontally, is blazing fast and is ultra-affordable. The opportunity in front of us is huge and we are still in the very early days. This is going to be one of those companies where people will look back and say “I wish I’d been there when…” well, this is your chance to be part of “when”.
- Be an integral part of the small but mighty People Ops team by providing exceptional experiences for candidates and providing administrative & HR support to the Scalyr organization.
- Manage calendars, prioritizing meeting requests and interviews with internal and external groups/individuals.
- Own all aspects of scheduling candidates, from initial phone screens to on-site interviews, with a keen eye toward the candidate experience. You will help manage the talent pipeline in Greenhouse, making sure we are providing a seamless experience for candidates.
- Partner with external recruiters to ensure prompt and personable communication with candidates.
- Take on additional projects when needed with HR, Executives, office events.
- Manage recruiting tools such as Greenhouse, Linkedin, Hired, Glassdoor.
- Managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Help with senior leadership administrative support which may include meeting scheduling, travel arrangements, etc.
- Partner closely with the office manager, HR Lead, and Sr. Exec. Assistant in supporting the organization.
- Anticipate the needs of others in and around the office in order to ensure a seamless and positive experience.
- You are proactive and self-driven.
- You are computer savvy and have the ability to learn new systems.
- You get excited about taking on projects.
- You are strategic and able to execute solutions based on the immediate and implied needs of the team.
- You are gifted at balancing competing priorities.
- You understand the flexibility and urgency that scheduling people requires and will be available to candidates and managers when necessary.
- You are detail-oriented and meticulous.
- You are a collaborative team player with a positive attitude.
- 3+ years experience supporting a senior business leader.
- Great written and verbal communication skills with client-focused etiquette.
- Proficiency with Google Suite & Microsoft Office Tools.
- Advanced time management, analytical, and multi-tasking skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and a proactive, independent thinker.
- Good judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Results-driven, self-starter and problem solver who finds a way to make things happen.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with the ability to adapt to changing project demands.
- Mature, polished and professional presence and disposition, punctual, dependable and reliable.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and interface with all levels of personnel.
- Experience with general HR
- Experience with any ATS system
- Competitive salary & equity at a fast growing startup
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Short-term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
- Free lunch
- Flexible schedule
- Unlimited vacations
- Paid parental leave
- Open and collaborative office environment
Our commitment to diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply to this position