The engineering team has been hard at work on new features and updates over the last few weeks. We are excited to share these changes with you and would love to hear your feedback.
- By popular demand, we’ve raised the limit on log messages to 10,000 bytes (from 3500). If you’re using the Scalyr Agent, please upgrade to version 2.0.30 (available by the end of next week) to take advantage of this change: https://www.scalyr.com/help/scalyr-agent#upgrades.
- Amazon EC2 Container Services (ECS) support in the Scalyr Agent.
- The Scalyr Agent can now rename log files before uploading them to Scalyr.
- Improved support for Kubernetes logs. You can now configure the Scalyr Agent to parse the JSON records generated by Kubernetes and extract the original log text.
- The Scalyr Agent can now redact sensitive data (e.g. user email addresses) by replacing it with a hash, allowing you to see patterns without revealing the raw data.
- The Scalyr Agent’s URL monitor plugin can now generate POST and PUT requests, and can specify HTTP headers and a request body.
Improved Search and Team Settings
- Improved bookmark and link-sharing support for multiple teams. Search URLs now record the team being viewed. When you (or another user) later open the URL, if you’re not linked to the correct team, you’ll be prompted to switch.
- When you customize the fields shown in the log view, your settings will now persist until you change them. (If you work with multiple teams, your settings are saved separately for each team.)
- You can now customize the default search time period (normally 4 hours). See “Set Default Search Time Span” on the Tips & Tricks page.
- We are making some changes to our pricing to provide additional flexibility and to make the full Scalyr feature set available to everyone. You can view the new options at scalyr.com/pricing. All affected customers have received an email with more details. These changes will go live November 1st.
More action. Less Noise
Get a weekly dose of news from the observability world.Close